Thursday, April 9, 2015

This year I wanted to exaggerate. Oh yeah. Because if my house calendars were more than one (the on


I remember, when I was a child. The December 1 has always had a significant meaning for me. Early in the morning, still under the covers with legs wrapped in warm woolen socks and nose cold, a different air surrounding the atmosphere of my room. I knew what was coming, what was about to start, also that year. That one little box of my Adventskalender (Advent calendar) was ready to be opened. That was the moment.
Between snow, woolen caps, scarf, gloves xxl and inevitable. Among the hot chocolate and the stollen mom to snack, to Buble Christmas background (and Pink, only for a little brown kraft envelopes rest;)), even a simple afternoon becomes magical.
Advent brown kraft envelopes is cinnamon everywhere in the kitchen, is San Nicolò family and binges Zimtsterne. And 'evenings spent thinking about the edible gifts for Christmas, to the packaging. And 'cardboard, scissors brown kraft envelopes and ribbons. And 'home decor, is the candle of Adventskranz (Advent brown kraft envelopes wreath) turned to night, stay warm, the tree, the para-ears with reindeer.
Despite the commitments that year to year increase and thicken, I always cut the time for preparations. And this year will be no different. Although it is difficult. Although it is a strange time, after all. In which I have yet to understand many things. And maybe it's better that way. Because if everything out, is disorder, vortex and also (not always) suffering, I take refuge in Advent. Why is the home, the family is, is smiles and warm hugs. And 'safety and balance. And 'return. Now I need it.
So, today, as every year, like every December 1, here I opened my little box of the calendar (with reasons strictly German :)). Just like when I was little hands too small to pull the little doors. brown kraft envelopes Because for some things, you're never too big.
This year I wanted to exaggerate. Oh yeah. Because if my house calendars were more than one (the one my, my sister, brown kraft envelopes the decorative and the family, yes, crazy stuff;)), I have never enough. I thought about it for a while ', and in the end I decided: I recreated an Advent calendar edible, Nordic-style-Germanic. A simple idea, so clean. So easy to do. So beautiful. Among other things, a wonderful decorative element :)
Just a little. To fly in a surreal atmosphere. Who knows the North, snow, ginger and cloves. Wooden houses and open fires. brown kraft envelopes Who knows of memories and emotions that never die. That apart from all will always remain the same.
90 g soft butter
Cut the butter into small pieces and work it with the brown sugar in a bowl, whisking, until it reaches a creamy consistency and homogeneous. Add eggs, one at a time, add the molasses (or its replacement) and continue beating. In another bowl mix the flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg and mix well, knead until a smooth ball.
Cover dough and let rest in refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Remove the dough from the fresh half an hour before the processing, making it stand at room temperature. Divide the dough in half, roll out the pastry to a thickness of half a cm and cut the cookies with Christmas shapes at will. Having to hang the cookies, drill holes (me with the tip of a pastry bag) to then move the tape.
Remove from the oven, let them cool. Glassarli, brown kraft envelopes writing on each cookie the number (1 to 25) with the help of a pastry bag and decorate to taste. Air dry the icing for a night in the fridge. The following day, tuck into each cookie a piece of ribbon decorated, closing with a bow. Hang the cookies on the "calendar".
You can use any surface to create the calendar. I have proposed a wooden ladder, but you can safely hang the cookies on a branch of a tree (also bleached, for a taste even more country), on a wooden board with thumbtacks raw red and white. Sbizzaritevi, give vent to your imagination, and if you feel like it, share with me your idea :)
The amount of frosting is very abundant. You can leave cookies simple as I did (with the only number in the center), or you can add dots, lines or more to your liking.
These cookies are durable in airtight containers securely closed. They are also perfect to enrich your gift package. Tie a cookie decorated (you can add it in a transparent bag or jute for a more rustic) to the tape of your package together with the ticket-label. brown kraft envelopes It will be a sweet surprise for the person that open

No comments:

Post a Comment