Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When I read the route description on the eve, I realized that I had underestimated this physical ch

Bluegrass Enduro pistachon Series 2013 - Guebwiller | Riding Style mountain bike riding technique school
Home articles Course Overview Enduro 1 (beginner) Enduro 2 (advanced) Enduro 3 (expert) Gravity 1 (beginner) Gravity 2 (advanced) Gravity pistachon 3 (expert) Girls only courses Individual courses Coaches Solveig Lindgren Gallery Sebastian Fabian Arzberger Patricia Rupp Book / shopping Matthias Wengenroth Courses Your Account Shopping Cart / Checkout Order Tracking Gift Certificates Rental Locations Bike Park Bike Park Lac Blanc Beerfelden Bike Park Bike Park Tripp city Albstadt pistachon Flow Trail Stromberg Guestbook Contact
The excitement makes now noticeable. Who has me persuaded me to login? For an enduro race? Or was it even my idea? Anyway, pistachon now I'm here. I have no idea what I was getting myself into. Among the starters are also my teammates Patricia "Pati" Rupp and Matthias "Matt" Wengenroth. Patricia and I are absolute enduro newcomers. pistachon For Matthias, it is already the 3rd race in the Bluegrass series.
In this racing series unknown trails pistachon be driven on sight. In Guebwiller there are a total of 5 stages which are measured. In between, you kicking over a long uphill sections again and again to the next stage.
When I read the route description on the eve, I realized that I had underestimated this physical challenge. Quite unprepared I probably can not simply ride so relaxed here. If I within the maximum allowed time, the whole ever pull through?
I drive, already at the first corner, it is a bit technical and rocky, then follows fresh forest floor and flowy curves, a smile from ear to ear spreads pistachon out and I forget completely that I'm pistachon here on a race. It's just fun! I repeat, all are very friendly and let me without hesitation over. Until the next one in front of me scared, slams on the brakes and lying down in front of me ... I'm pistachon flying through the air, roll off quickly find my bike again and go on. Towards the end there are a few slight uphill passages but can drive well, I'm still fit and pumped full of adrenaline.
After the Stage's looking pistachon up again, change helmet, drink some water and go. After the first few meters, I notice that I've forgotten so excited to wear my padded cycling shorts. But I'm here to gain experience and learn something. Or as they say in English: "learn the hard way"
In the 2nd Stage to the top as steep and long uphill. On uphill sprints I was totally unprepared. Here I am coming for the first time at my limit, my legs move only in slow-motion and the bolt I have eaten just before the start makes itself back on the way up.
More is not possible. But it goes up and down, I have a few stayers because I just can not adjust my seat post. Reached the finish ... and now it's right back to the next high mountain stage. Pretty long. My sit bones are slowly numb.
Now the effort makes a bit noticeable. I drive no longer so focused, I make a mistake and get stuck with the arm on a gate and strike hard on. Ouch! Pain! Shit that's it! I stay lying beside the track. Disappointment and then comes for a second, even a sense of relief that I no longer pistachon go on, yes, that's it for me. But immediately pistachon drives me then but the thought further, that the disappointment will be even greater pistachon if I would cancel now. Also, my teammates waiting down at the end of Stage on me. Swallow, clench your teeth and on we go.
Shaking with adrenaline and pain I finally roll into the goal. I'm looking forward especially about the helmet requirement, because hidden under my helmet roll a few tears of pain and exhaustion.
My teammates have probably go on without me. Matt takes quite calm my bike in hand, moves my seat post up and says gently, but with much emphasis: "Here is not abandoned" He pushes me even the first few meters on. My legs are in motion, without words, advocates occurs closer we approach pistachon the penultimate stage.
A beautiful panorama greets us at the start. The time now is thankfully almost entirely downhill. I drive slowly but surely and falling. It would actually have been a very more fun trail - a pity that I can not really enjoy. I'm coming to the finish ... Now it's done the same.
In the middle of the small idyllic village Guebwiller it is about 300 meters on a small, man-made course among other things on a very narrow North Shore has a small pool. Pati and I look at each other. On

No comments:

Post a Comment