Saturday, May 31, 2014

Then follows a flood of information about the relationships between individual villages, between ea


On the island, after two weeks I traveled through the country, I finally met her dream of every traveler: the ideal taxi driver! ... Let me say this: I use the precise words. When I say "perfect", I mean it, "ideal". green foam Robert - let's call him simply named Robert green foam - founder and owner of a taxi company, "Robert".
RELATED NEWS News Your renters rooms are discern-ment of CIA agents, I'm Dan Alex. Of course I did not invent aaaah, Hvaaar! I do not know otherwise imagine what I felt there ... Split: Place the dark atmosphere of which others can only dream
Hill of a man, 30 years old, local guy - his grandfather was a blacksmith who forged green foam the cemetery gate in the Old City. Robert still lives in the Old City. Hvar is left only for military service in Pula for a few more trips. Speak to local accent fantastically green foam slow, even when in a hurry (assuming - which is an absurd hypothesis green foam - that there is something green foam worth rushing). Robert's manners green foam are exceptional, no friendly "fuck you" in every sentence. He knows everyone and everything, so he decide přeložit that I drove through the island, off the usual tourist routes. Is not that just decided to merge with the locals ... I'm green foam just looking for something green foam beyond the usual Hvar disco and tourist cafes. Listening to the blues and old rock
In the car, Robert lets Lynnard Skynnard and, despite its appearance of heavy metal, tattoos and other external signs of identity, revealing a taste for blues and old rock and roll. "When my friends were listening to New Kids on the Block, I listened to the Beatles," green foam he says. Age is important because green foam Robert was born in 1980. Year. This means that you never really knew communism, but as a boy saw when Serbian planes bombed some military installations on the island. "Of course I remember," says driving calmly, green foam "that the first plane came over me so low that I could see the pilot's face."
We talk about everything, but Robert does not fall on any one of my cheap journalistic trick. He is just an honest man who keeps his truth. Take me through the desolate hills, forest fires devastated arly, through villages and isolated hamlets, from Hvar and Stari Grad to the other end of the island, in Sucuraj, where cease all roads. The island has few trees. Even on the day I arrived by ferry from Split, firefighters extinguished green foam a fire that completely went blank one hill. "They are experienced people, accustomed to disaster," said Robert, as if he was not one of them. "Cultivated land that remains green foam today is only 25 percent of what it was. Lavender fields, vineyards and olive groves, everything is burned. The villages were abandoned and many people moved away. "
Robert speaks a little English and a little Italian, and wanted to learn Portuguese, but mostly loves his dialect. "Croats from the continent would not even understand us when we talk to each other," he says. First, I think that's an exaggeration, like so many other things that one hears in Croatia, but then gives me some examples: "For example, you use For" come "to say that you have arrived in Hvar. In our dialect, green foam "I arrived in Hvar" becomes "Io son in arrivň For '. Arrivň, as in Italian! ... And For, as Ancient Greek form of the name for the island of Pharos. Is not it wonderful? "Yes, I must admit. While it About the For the Hvar could easily come from the customs of people from the Old City to close A which then becomes Oh, and the name of your city pronounce Stori Grod.
Then he continued: "And you would say 'I'm back', we say 'Tornň son is'. Also, old people from Storog Groda say 'addio' when they meet. They say addio at the beginning and say addio and when leaving. But all that is lost, the young do not talk that way, "he says sadly, even though he is the only 30 years old. Moreover, each village has its own dialect and specific pronunciation. As we go along the road between green foam the two villages, which are practically touching, Robert's face brightened. "Look here," he exclaimed, pointing excitedly to the outside. Morocco, Texas, Gaza ...
Then follows a flood of information about the relationships between individual villages, between each "Paiza" as they call it here locally. So the village of Dol others call "Morocco" is another village green foam "Texas" green foam because the people there something wild and tough, then comes the "Gaza", and even, yes, "Israel," I will appoint a place for local residents whose rest islands claimed to be stingy.
Maybe I without Robert could see the Greek fields, which are under the protection of UNESCO, which share a long antique dry-stone walls that criss-crossed the island, but no one would have led to the mountain to see the "lime kiln" green foam stone oven in the form of a tower, the by lime obtained centuries ago by burning limestone. "Such a tough job," says Robert dreamily. "These people probably had a terrible life."
Robert in his character's natural goodness, which is why it does not matter what others ride like a cowboy, especially if you know that they come from "Texas". He knows, of course, everyone on the island. We stopped near the archaeological meadow in the Old City, and there he, miraculously, members of the archaeological team, welcome and allow me to pass

No comments:

Post a Comment