Tuesday, December 10, 2013

By submitting this form, you give The National Catholic honeycomb salon Register permission to publi


by Simcha Fisher Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:54 AM Comments (7)
Most fruit seems like a gift, but a pomegranate honeycomb salon is the most extravagant.  The seeds burgeon under the skin, and when you tear it open with a tart ripping sound, the byzantine arrangement honeycomb salon within tells you that here, there is both order and design, and an unaccountable exuberance.  The seeds shine.  They glow like rubies, and you crunch them with your teeth and lick the blood of rubies off your lips.
I was saying the rosary honeycomb salon the other day.  Chesterton says that if a thing is worth doing, it's worth doing badly.  That's the only thing that kept me going with that morning's rosary:  the idea that it's better to pray badly than to not-pray well.  It was an exceptional morning, in that I was actually saying my morning rosary; but it was an ordinary rosary, in that I was slip-sliding my way through the beads.  I wasn't really awake.
Halfway through, a picture came to mind. I had a handful of pomegranate seeds -- and they were spilling out of my fingers.  Just slipping away, one after the other.  Shame and regret bumped me back, before honeycomb salon I knew why.  What was it that I was losing?  What was I letting fall?  honeycomb salon I replayed the morning in my mind, and then I knew:  it was the name of Jesus.  The Holy Name, hiding, shining, in the middle of every Hail Mary.  Waiting under the dull red skin, the name of Jesus, multiplied, burgeoning, waiting honeycomb salon to be tasted.
I invite all Christians, everywhere, at this very moment, to a renewed personal encounter with Jesus Christ, or at least an openness to letting him encounter them; I ask all of you to do this unfailingly each day. No one should think that this invitation is not meant for him or her, since “no one is excluded from the joy brought by the Lord”.The Lord does not disappoint those who take this risk; whenever we take a step towards Jesus, we come to realize that he is already there, waiting for us with open arms. Now is the time to say to Jesus: “Lord, I have let myself be deceived; honeycomb salon in a thousand honeycomb salon ways I have shunned your love, yet here I am once more, to renew my covenant with you. I need you. Save me once again, Lord, take me once more into your redeeming embrace."
It used to be that every Catholic would bow his head at the mention of the Holy Name.  It was -- it is -- something too precious to let slide past unsavored.  We bow our heads in reverence, but also in delight -- in recognition of a gift.  What a simple way to recall ourselves to the truth that Jesus is there, waiting.  What an easy way to accept his invitation.  What an extravagant gift He is.  We can take Him reverently into our bodies; we can taste His precious blood.  Let us not be deceived.  Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!   
Why is it that when I plan to say the rosary honeycomb salon it always feels like a chore but after a few minutes of praying it I always think to myself, “I forgot the peace the rosary brings!  Why don’t I do this more often? “
Good for you that you followed Chesterton’s advice (and for us, since it led to this inspiring post). honeycomb salon I should do that more often myself. May I suggest Meg’s post “50 Ways to Talk to God” honeycomb salon at http://www.piercedhands.com/50-ways-talk-god/ as a complement to your post? She makes some great suggestions on how to encounter Jesus in a personal honeycomb salon way.
Beautiful! I just bought a pomegranate because the kids were asking about them and I realized I hadn’t honeycomb salon introduced the younger ones to them. Now it will be a different experience when we enjoy it tomorrow.
By submitting this form, you give The National Catholic honeycomb salon Register permission to publish this comment. Comments will be published at our discretion, and may be edited for clarity and length. For best formatting, please limit your response to one paragraph and don't hit "enter" to force line breaks.
Simcha Fisher writes for several publications and blogs at I Have to Sit Down . She lives in New Hampshire with her husband and nine children. Without supernatural aid, she would hardly be a human being.
Blogs Pope Francis’ new document, Evangelii Gaudium: 9 things to know and share (35749) Blogs The Thing That Used to Be Conservatism Puts Out a Hit on Francis (31814) Blogs 1st Sunday of Advent: 12 things to know and share (21949) Blogs Was the Kennedy Assassination a conspiracy? You don’t have to be crazy to think so . . . (18759) Blogs 10 Things You Need to Know About Advent (16406) Blogs Full Text of Benedict XVI's Letter to Atheist (11413) Blogs St. Ambrose: Strangest Life Story Ever? (8 things to know and share) (11147) Blogs The Immaculate Conception: 8 things to know and share . . . (9292) Blogs Christmas in Hell (9169) Blogs Ten Splendid Sequels You Can Expect to See (7070)

No comments:

Post a Comment